While waiting for a working solution to the iPhone 2.0 hack for both first and second gen iPhones, many have been asking how to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4. These are mostly people who in their excitement have prematurely updated their firmware from 1.1.4 to 2.0 even before the official iPhone 2.0 came out. Now they have worthless gadgets in their hands because the old 2.0 hack doesn’t work the way it should in the new 2.0 environment. But even with an official release of the iPhone 2.0 hack, there is no guarantee yet that their iBrick 2.0 can be set free without downgrading to 1.1.4. Sometimes, patience really has its virtues.
At least there is hope for you people. Below are links to tutorials on how to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4.
In summary, you will need to perform the following:
1) Install iTunes 7.5 (if you currently have other versions). For Mac. For Windows.
2) Put your iPhone into DFU mode.
3) Restore your iPhone using iTunes 7.5.
4) Use PwnageTool (recommended) or iLiberty+ (Mac) and WinPwn or iLiberty+ (Windows) to kick your phone out of restore mode after you get an error.
5) Load BootNeuter to unlock.
So if you tried anyone of these, please give us feedback. Who knows you might even save another poor soul from bondage.